If you remember watching television a few decades ago you may have had one or two favorite shows, and there weren’t many competing shows on at the same time that you had to worry about. Today you are bombarded with innovative marketing programs about many shows – many competing head to head. Even if you had the time, you might not be able to watch them all.
The scenario is similar in a variety of industries. There are always new and better shows to watch, and easier ways to receive products through companies like Dollar Shave Club; you can commute effortlessly through Uber and much more. With all these great new products and businesses emerging each day, the need for talent is more crucial than ever before. Companies are challenged with highly competitive environments, and the ability to recruit, onboard and retain top talent has also dramatically changed.
Our research is revealing that it is a necessity for talent acquisition (TA) functions to operate like marketing and sales functions. However, the objectives should not just be about speed and outcomes. For example, recruiting techniques are not about just filling roles as fast as possible, but filling them with the best qualified person both in terms of skills and fit for the organization.
SmartRecruiters is a Talent Acquisition provider that offers a modern platform delivering an exceptional experience through mobile and social channels that engage hiring managers every step of the way, integrates quickly and seamlessly with HRIS.
Jerome is an entrepreneur with his heart in recruiting and soul in technology. Jerome envisions the world where recruitment is transparent, and hiring is so easy that his grandma can do it. He’s passionate about what he does, hates the status quo, and loves innovation especially when it reaches disruption. Jerome’s goal is to bring the economy to its full potential by removing friction in the labor market and eradicating unemployment.
We engaged in an exciting discussion on the transformation of the TA function, specifically around recruitment marketing. Summary of the questions we covered included:
- How are recruiting and consumer marketing similar to each other?
- What can recruiters learn from marketing professionals?
- With all of the technology innovations in place, how have the roles of hiring managers and recruiters changed over the years?
- How have candidates changed regarding employer expectations over the years?
- Which areas should spend more time and less time on to optimize the talent acquisition process?
- Looking at the recruitment-marketing phase of talent acquisition, which metrics/analytics are most effective at determining the best sites to promote job openings?
- Are assessments a critical component of the talent acquisition process? When should they be administered?
- What is the biggest mistake that organizations make when considering different talent acquisition technology solutions?
- What do you see as the next great innovation in talent acquisition?
You can download the podcast anytime at the HCMx Radio site.